Sexual problems are among the most frustrating and debilitating problems associated with diabetes. There is currently a high incidence of erectile dysfunction and infertility in the male population and infertility in the female population that is due to stress, environmental factors, lifestyle, prescription drugs, alcohol and substance abuse. The incidence of female sexual dysfunction has been understudied in the female population and even less in the diabetic population.
Some issues associated with sexual dysfunction in the male and female:-
FOR SEXUAL HEALTH
1. Control blood sugar levels to minimize nerve damage
2. Control High Blood [pressure to maximize blood flow to genitalia
3. Reduce weight and exercise
4. Treat conditions that impact on genital health such as urinary tract infection, yeast infections
5. Avoid Red meat and meat products that may contain female hormones.
6. Lifestyle changes should include reducing alcohol, stopping smoking
7. Avoid processed foods that may contain nitrites.
8. Avoid tight close fitting underwear in men and panty hose in women
9. Meditation, yoga, hypnotherapy to decrease stress
10. Increase vegetable proteins in the diet and supplement with:
~ back ~